Grief struck in Covid-19

 Since the beginning of this pandemic, no one, except me and my mom, in my circle could feel that it's going to last long. My parents are doctors, those people on the frontline that you heard about the most during this pandemic, and living far away from home, it was just the hardest year knowing that their lives are in constant danger. Of course, they cannot just give up service to the community; that's not what I am saying or have been taught. 

Moving forward to April and May 2021, my dad, grandfather, and grandmother got COVID-19. All my fears, trapped inside since the beginning of this pandemic, came into life. I'm a highly empathetic person, so you can only imagine how much such a thing can affect me. While my dad and grandpa survived (very grateful), we lost my grandmother to post-COVID complications. 

Last few weeks, I have been missing her so much. A few months back, in a Facetime conversation with her, my husband shared with her how the people at his prospective employer seem so nice. And my grandma instantly said, "acche logon ko acche log hi milte hai" (hindi). What it essentially means is that good people always find good people. And I thought that was such a simple and real thing! If you are good to people, people will be good to you. 

Too often we complicate things and relationships but it is so important that if we just are kind and understanding and good, a lot can become easy, and as a result, you can live a happier life. 

Missing you daadi! Cheers to you! 

~ S 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twiddle 0.1